Do not confused by several kitchen appliance available on the market these days when you want to buy one. To be family with the difference between these appliance before you buy it. No matter it is Mixer or Blender, the purpose to design these machine is to make your cooking much easier. Mixer and Blender are both hot product recently, what is the difference between them?
A blender is a kitchen appliance used to mix, crush or emulsion food and other ingredients. It require some liquid to mix together and the purpose of a blender is to blend the ingredients into a smooth consistency.
A mixer is a kitchen appliance used to mixing, beating, and whipping food ingredients. It can mix different ingredients together with little of no liquid. Mixers come in two major type, hand mixers and stand mixers. Hand mixer are held by hand with two rotation paddle to mix, stand mixer is similar to a hand mixer but it mounted on a stand with a more powerful motor. Stand mixers are more well know like KitchenAid which have many attachments to meet different functions, like dough hook, whisk paddle, flat paddle, ice cream maker, juice generator, noodle roller and so on.
1. Blade: A blender contain sharp blades and typically run at higher speeds to chop, it is fixed in the bottom of bowl. While Mixer is much slower speed with not shape blade to mix ingredients, which have three basic attachments a dough-hook, beaters and the flat beaters. These attachments are easy to change to meet different purpose.
2. Power: Blender use a smaller motors so it is impossible to afford the heavy mix job. Only stand mixer motor are powerful enough to mix heavy ingredients, like bread dough, any type of ingredient mixing. Also have a large range of motor power to choose. Like KitchenAid offer from 250-watt to 325-watt.
3. Size: A blender is smaller and lighter than Stand mixer. A blender is portable but mixer is equipped with stands since very heavy so it need a bigger room to put stand mixer.
4. Material: The container of blender are made of glass, stainless steel, plastic or porcelain, and has graduated markings for approximate measuring purposes. while the stand mixer is stainless steel or glass bowl.
5. Accessories: A stand mixer have many accessories to choose. In the post “How many kinds of food can you cook with a stand mixer?” have summary these fantastic tools which help you a lot to make an easier homemade food. However, the Blender blade is fixed, it is only can make into smooth liquid consistency. Like mix drinks, crush ice, emulsion mixture or blending fruit.
6.Cost: Blender is cheaper than stand mixer. Like Oster BCBG08-C 6-Cup Glass Blender retail $39.5 on amazon in 2012, Cuisinart HM-70 Hand Mixer retail $49.9. KitchenAid Classic K45SS 250-Watt 4-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer retail $239.9 on amazon.
Obviously, Stand Mixers is better than a Blender. To be a professional, a stand mixer help a lot on your daily complex cooking jobs. In my old article, I did some research of “Why you need a stand mixer in kitchen?“. It really become very popular tool in every family kitchen now.